FTC Cascade Effect
In the FTC Cascade Effect Virtual World, program one of three robots to score as many points as possible in autonomous and driver controlled modes.
Cascade Effect is the 2014-15 FIRST Tech Challenge (FTC) Robotics Challenge
The FIRST Tech Challenge (FTC) is part of the FIRST Robotics Continuum of activities. FIRST stands for “For Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology”. FTC is designed for students in grades 7-12 to compete head to head robotics engineering design challenges. The challenge changes every year; this year’s game is called Cascade Effect.
In the FTC Cascade Effect Virtual World, program one of three robots to score as many points as possible in autonomous and driver controlled modes. Score points by:
- Releasing the balls from the center goal
- Scoring balls into the movable goals
- Scoring balls into the center goal
- Pushing the movable goals into base
- PC Compatible OS: Windows XP, Vista or Windows 7
- Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo processor family or better, AMD Athlon X2 processor family or better
- Memory: 2 GB RAM
- Graphics: NVIDIA® GeForce® 8800GTS or better, ATI Radeon™ HD 3850 or better
- DirectX®: DirectX® 9.0c and DirectX® 10
- Hard Drive: 200 MB free hard drive space
- Sound: Standard audio device