Why Use Expedition Atlantis? Proportional problems are embedded everywhere and Expedition Atlantis provides students with the big ideas needed to become proficient proportional thinkers.
NEW: Expedition Atlantis iPad app now available on the iTunes store! Click here for more details »
It's the year 2023 and Atlantis has been discovered deep in the ocean, off of the coast of Africa. A team of elite scientists and engineers have been sent to investigate the underwater ruins, and you're one of them! Use your skills to to maneuver the teams underwater vehicles in this expedition to Atlantis!
Why Use Expedition Atlantis?
- Proportional problems are embedded everywhere
- Widely applicable
- Students with math IEPs especially need proportional reasoning skills
- Expedition Atlantis provides students with the big ideas needed to become proficient proportional thinkers
- High student engagement through underwater robotics game
- Mechanistic approach
- Proportional thinking, not just proportional methods
- Repeated, contextualized practice
- Unified approach
- Aligns with the Common Core Standards
- Immediate teacher and student feedback
- Differentiation for high- and low-performing students (manual and automatic)
- Mac OS X "Snow Leopard" 10.6 or later, Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, or Windows 8
- Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo processor family or better, AMD Athlon X2 processor family or better
- Memory: 2 GB RAM
- Graphics: NVIDIA® GeForce® 8800GTS or better, ATI Radeon™ HD 3850 or better
- DirectX®: DirectX® 9.0c and DirectX® 10
- Hard Drive: 500 MB free hard drive space
- Sound: Standard audio device