Introduction to STEM Robotics for VEX IQ with ROBOTC Programming Language
Begin to program robots with this Introductory Level of STEM Robots for LEGO MINDSTORMS EV3 and EV3 Programming Language.
How to teach a STEM Robotics Course using VEX IQ Hardware and ROBOTC Software, Robot Math, Robot Path Planning, Pseudocode, Behavior Based Programming, Robot Building, ROBOTC’s VEX IQ Programming Software Interface, VEX IQ Hardware, Smart Motors and Encoders, Downloading and Running VEX IQ Programs, Bump Sensors, Color Sensor, the Distance Sensor (Sonar), Gyro Sensor, Data Types, Variables, Data logging, LCD, Syntax, Logic Usage, Loops, Operators, Solution Planning, Troubleshooting, and Projects and Programs
The STEM Robotics VEX IQ Teacher Certification evaluates a teacher’s pedagogical understanding of how to use VEX IQ hardware and ROBOTC software to teach an introductory STEM Robotics Course. Teachers will be evaluated on their understanding of:
• The Pedagogy of using Robotics to teach CS-STEM Concepts
• VEX IQ Hardware and ROBOTC Programming Software
• Program Logic and Program Flow
• A teacher’s ability to troubleshoot student hardware and programming problems
Teachers are asked questions related to:
• The foundational mathematics that students are required to know when programming educational robots.
• Basic computational thinking concepts around decomposition, algorithms, pseudocode, and Boolean algebra.
• How to help students use and navigate the VEX IQ hardware platform and ROBOTC for VEX IQ programming language.
• How to help students troubleshoot their own programming problems.
• The VEX IQ commonly used sensors and how feedback from sensors controls conditional statements and loops.
• And, how to setup and foreground STEM Robotic lessons.