Intermediate STEM Robotics for LEGO MINDSTORMS EV3 with ROBOTC Programming Language
Continue expanding with LEGO MINDSTORMS EV3 with Intermediate STEM Robots for LEGO MINDSTORMS EV3 and ROBOTC.
How to teach an INTERMEDIATE LEVEL STEM Robotics Course using LEGO Hardware and ROBOTC Software.
• Programming Concepts - Syntax, Whitespace, Comments, , Variables, Variable Types, Programming Structures like: Functions and Parameters, Arrays, and Displaying Text and Values to the LCD,
• Computational Thinking Concepts - Abstraction, Algorithms, Creativity, Representing Data using Binary Numbers, What is Computational via Computers?
• Engineering Concepts – The Engineering Design Process
The STEM Robotics LEGO Teacher Certification evaluates a teacher’s pedagogical understanding of how to use LEGO hardware and ROBOTC software to teach an introductory STEM Robotics Course. Teachers will be evaluated on their understanding of:
• The Pedagogy of foregrounding and supporting Intermediate Level CS-STEM Concepts using LEGO EV3 Robots
• The Pedagogy of integrating CS-STEM Robotics activities that align with the College and Career Readiness Standards
• Intermediate level ROBOTC Programming; functions, parameters, arrays, representing data in machine readable formats
• What is abstraction? What are algorithms?
• A teacher’s ability to troubleshoot student intermediate level programming problems
Teachers are asked questions related to:
• How to evaluate student computational artifacts
• Troubleshooting intermediate level programming.
• College and career readiness and CS-STEM.
• Abstraction, algorithms, and computational artifacts.